Since taking office in 2017 Sheriff Steve Harkins and Chief Deputy Fruehling and the entire staff have brought numerous innovative programs and accomplishments to the Blaine County Sheriff's Office. Here are a few of our accomplishments.
We have worked hard to promote excellent morale in our staff by valuing employee input and involvement, providing consistency between divisions, clear expectations, and accountability. The Blaine County Sheriff’s Office is comprised of a team of 66 dedicated professionals who serve our community. We are proud of our highly trained staff and value their commitment, teamwork, and contributions to our department.
Competitive Salaries and Incentives
- In FY18 we instituted a new competitive wage structure to recruit and retain professional staff.
- In FY19 we added Shift Differential Pay, Bilingual Pay, Specialty Pay, and Incentive Bonuses for Certificate Advancement
We have created a successful new image for our vehicles and uniforms for our officers to reflect our agency.
Providing Our Team with the Right Tools
- We have worked hard to ensure our staff has the right equipment to do the job by investing in AEDs, Narcan, Trauma Medical Kits, and Lifeloc Breathalyzer Equipment in every patrol vehicle.
- Our deputies have been provided with body cameras, new uniform equipment, and less than lethal devices.
- We will be bringing a new Computer Aided Dispatch/Records Management System to provide more unified information to all our staff both in the field and in the office.
- Our Search and Rescue Team has been provided with a drone, new snowmobiles, off-road utility vehicles, and an enclosed trailer to increase their readiness to respond and save lives when needed.
- We have created a K9 Team to assist us with drug detection, drug education, and search and rescue tracking.
- Our new Drone Program provides the newest technology for search and rescue, accident and crime scene recording, and natural disaster monitoring.
- We have expanded our Backcountry Patrol to provide better coverage in these areas.
- We have developed our Employee Wellness/Fitness Program to keep our employees healthy and happy.
- We have expanded our presence and relationships in our local schools with our School Lunch Program, the Junior Deputy Program, and Community Policing Programs.
We have worked hard to set a higher training standard for our staff. We have added more instructors and we now have the most advanced state of the art training simulator in the State.