Drivers Services is located at the Blaine County Annex Building at 219 First Avenue South in Hailey, Idaho and is open Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (208)788-5565
Testing for Class D Licenses is available until 5:00 p.m.
Testing for Commercial Licenses is available until 4:30 p.m.
Anyone who operates a motor vehicle on the public roads in Idaho is required to have a valid driver’s license.
Students attending a college or university in Idaho and members of the U.S. Military on active duty and their dependents who hold a valid drivers license from another state or country and who claim residency in that state or country, are not required to obtain an Idaho driver’s license.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR LICENSING
If you are a new applicant for a driver’s license, instruction permit, identity card, or driver training permit, you are required to provide the following documents:
- Proof of Idaho Residency
- Proof of Age and Identity
- Social Security Card
- Visual / Medical Certification (if required)
- Liability Signer if under 18
- Non-Idaho Driver’s License or I.D. Cards
- Foreign Drivers License (if applicable)
- Driver Training Completion
- Verification of School Compliance (VOC) if under 18