Concealed weapon licenses are issued by the Sheriff Department through our Driver’s Services desk. The office is located at Blaine County Annex at 219 First Avenue South in Hailey, Idaho and open Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 6 p.m. (208) 788-5565
KNOW THE LAW
To obtain a concealed weapons license, applicants must:
- Complete the Concealed Weapons License Application form
- Provide proof of firearm training
- Provide photo identification
- Provide previous concealed weapons licenses (if any).
- The fee for the original issuance of a five (5) year permit is $59.85.
- The renewal fee is $37.85.
- Payment may be made by cash, credit card or check.
The completed application and a complete set of fingerprints will be submitted by Driver’s Services to the Idaho State Police Bureau of Criminal Identification (BCI) for the required FBI criminal history records check.
The law allows the Sheriff’s Office 90 days to process the application and background check; Average process time is 30-60 days. Upon approval, applicants will be notified to return to Driver’s Services to be photographed and receive their concealed weapon license.